Today as I was walking outside I came to the realization that there are several good things about the baby taking his time to arrive. I have you all to thank as well, for you support and encouragement. Here are some of the benefits of still being pregnant:
1. I'm only waking up two times a night now (mostly to pee), instead of every 2-3 hours to feed/change a little one.
2. I have extra one-on-one time with Eliana. I've decided I need to make the most of this time we have together.
3. I can enjoy the spring sunshine more easily.
4. The longer he stays in the womb, the less time he has to spend in RSV season
5. I have extra time to practice my relaxation techniques (which is a good thing, since I've really been slacking off).
6. I'm going on more walks outside in hopes that he'll be motivated to get in a good position.
7. I can do things I've been wanting to do, but have put off (especially after my mom comes up here).
8. I can eat yogurt, cheese, ice cream, and more cheese (I have to go on an egg and dairy free diet after the baby is born).
9. If he still isn't born by my birthday (the 31st), I can have actual cake to celebrate.
10. If he hasn't come by April 5, we have tickets to L.D.S. General Conference.
11. I've had a really easy pregnancy, so I shouldn't complain about having to go up to, or past, my due date.
Remind me to read this list every day:)
Thanks again for all your good wishes and support. It really helps!!
6 comments:
You have a great attitude! I know that it is SO HARD to wait those last few weeks. Hang in there! I think your list is such a good idea that I'll make one of my own. Here's to positive thinking!
Mike's grandma only went 6 weeks past her due date! If only she had thought about being so positive and enjoyed her pregnancy like you did! Good for you to be think of the things that are good about still being prego! I'll have to remember that one day! Good luck for when it does come!
This one is by far my favorite one on your list:
"5. I have extra time to practice my relaxation techniques (which is a good thing, since I've really been slacking off)"
Slacking on your relaxation again, huh? I'm going to have to remember this line -- could come in handy.
I keep checking back to your blog to see if the little man is here yet. Take is one day at a time and soon enough, he'll have to come right? We're thinking of you often over here and can't wait to meet your newest addition when he decides to make his entrance to the world.
He is just waiting for Grandma Lisa to come up - then he'll come! As soon as I'm over the worst of this nasty cold, I'll be there. Then we can get this party started!
Wahoo! I was especially fond of #8! Eat lots of cheese, yogurt, and ice cream for me! Jules is 9 months so hopefully I'm only nursing for a few more!
Post a Comment