Monday, February 18, 2008

More before and after pictures

My parents were up here this weekend. They painted Eliana's new "big-girl" room for me, so the least I could do was post the pictures.

First, though, let me tell you the dilema we've had deciding where in the world to put Eliana. Her original room turned out really cute, but it has no heat, so it wasn't very practical.

before:

after:
When we finished the downstairs remodel, we moved her down with us, but it makes more sense to have the new baby right next to us (and there isn't really space to have a bed AND a crib in the little room). We finally decided to put her in our old room upstairs, but it wasn't very cheery. We baracade her in so she won't fall down our death-trap stairs in the night.

So, here are the before pictures--my camera isn't very good, so you can't get the full effect of the puke-tan colored walls. Also, the people who painted this room didn't mask at all, so there were blotches of color on the ceiling (which was only primed, not painted) and the trim. And the line between the wall and the ceiling was wavey.

Here is a shot of our work crew. We had extra help from the mirror workers.
Here is the room after--again, crappy camera, so you can't really see the color well. It's a nice shade of yellow. You'll have to come visit to get the realy view.
I promise, the wall is yellow:)
This picture shows the color better.

Anyway, it looks great. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I love the color yellow. Max and Jack's room is a bright, cheery yellow and I think it's perfect. The color swatch was called "Afternoon Delight." It cracked me up so much, I decided it was the color of choice. Too many Will Ferrell movies I guess.

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

so cute!! both the rooms are absolutely adorable.

andi said...

Did you paint the floor blue? I love a painted wood floor! It's lovely, dahrling.

Ruth said...

Cute Shauna!How does Eliana like her new room?

Beka said...

That is adorable! Shelly and I are going to come up in April and I want to see it and your new baby in person!