Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Croup, an ear infection and the flu

If you were wondering why I've been so silent lately, this is why: Darryl had the flu, and Eliana had croup AND another ear infection (which makes 4 since Thanksgiving). I was healthy, so I had to tend to my sick family.

Darryl is now doing fine (side note: when Darryl gets sick, he normally recovers a few hours later, so he was shocked when the flu took him out for 5 days. Next year he is getting a flu shot).

Eliana woke up in the night on Saturday with a fever of 104. We went to insta-care Sunday morning where they gave her a steroid for her lungs and yet another anti-biotic for the ear infection. I've been giving her pro-biotics as well, but her digestive system is pretty wiped out, which presents its own set of fun things to deal with. She is such an optimist, though, that when ever I ask how she's doing she says, "I'm feelin' better," sometimes so horse it's hard to make out what she's saying.

So far I'm still standing and not sick. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Anyway, that's why I've been neglecting the blog. Hope you are all healthy and happy!

No comments: