I can't believe it's been a month already. It's been a rough ride. Poor William has been crying 90% of the time he's been awake. He's now on two medications for reflux, which seem to be helping. We're optimistic that we'll eventually find the magic combination that will help him be more comfortable. I'm pretty sure he has a soy allergy. I've cut it out twice now, and both times he seemed to improve after a couple of soy-free days (the first time I added it back in because I thought the improvement was due to the medication. He got worse after I added soy back in). I have yet to introduce eggs or dairy into my diet, because I'd like to have a better base-line to compare it to. Good thing I've learned how to photosynthesize! :)
We love William and are glad he's joined our family. I love his chubby cheeks, his little spike of hair, the way he gazes at me while he nurses, the way he reminds me of a wild tiger when he wants to eat, and the way he cuddles on my chest after nursing. I'm glad he loves his "binky" and falls asleep on his own (most of the time).
I can't believe how fast he is growing. He no longer fits in newborn diapers or clothes. Well, I've been barfed on three times now during this post, so I had better wrap it up. Here are some pictures of our little one-month-old:



3 comments:
I said this before, but he really reminds me of Seth when he was a baby! So chunky and perfect. I'm sorry it's been so rough! I really hope it gets better soon! Good luck photosynthesizing!
Constant crying, contstant spit-up... that sounds all too familiar. Luckily Hazel outgrew it by about 3 1/2 months - William will probably get better sooner since you have him on meds though. Sorry it has been harder than you'd hoped - at least he makes up for it will cuteness!!! We need to get together for a playdate. I am free whenever - your house or mine - just let me know.
Megan--he reminds me of Seth, too. He even has a little high-pitched squeal.
Post a Comment