Darryl's task on said Saturday was to clean out and reassemble the carbs. Here are some pictures of the process:
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Little grease monkey--complete with tail
Two Saturdays ago Darryl started a new project. Eliana was out in the garage with him for much of the morning. He had the clever idea to attache a rope to her pants so she couldn't make a mad dash for the busy road at the end of our driveway (she loves getting a rise out of us this way). She had plenty of slack in the rope so she could explore extensively. She had a great time, and Darryl was able to get some stuff done while I had a break. Will and I came out to visit them.
I've procrastinated posting about this because I really wanted Darryl to do it, since I'm sure I'll get various details wrong. Oh well. This Porsche used to belong to my grandpa Duane. He bought it new off the lot. I believe it is a 1966 Porsche 912. My grandfather gave it to my dad a while back, and my dad had some body work done and got it working again. He later gave it to my brother. My brother (currently serving in the Marine Corps) wanted a reliable car to drive, so he was going to sell the car. Darryl decided to take one for the team and buy the car from Ian in order to keep the car in the family.




Darryl's task on said Saturday was to clean out and reassemble the carbs. Here are some pictures of the process:




I'm told the car should be working any day now. I made a rule a while back that Darryl can only have one non-working vehicle at a time. He is currently in violation of this rule, but he's getting off on a technicality, since his MG is currently taking up space in someone else's garage. I'm excited for Darryl to get the porsche up and running. Too bad there isn't space for car-seats in the car. I guess we'll have to drop the kids off before taking it for a spin.
Darryl's task on said Saturday was to clean out and reassemble the carbs. Here are some pictures of the process:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love her tail! Good idea, Dad!
I'm glad you gave Big D a little slack on the 2 non-working cars thing, because that Porsche looks cool! And I think the "no room for car seats" thing is definitely an added bonus ;)
I remember when your dad got that Porsche. Didn't its license plate used to say "DADS912." I saw that the new one says "IANS912." You'll have to think up a new catchy plate. Maybe "DEES912" or "ELIS912" or "MGKCRPT." Just some suggestions.
Johnny, you have a good memory, my friend. When my dad sent up the title, he sent along a history of the license plates the car had had and offered a few suggestions of his own: "DRLZ912", "WILS912"--to keep in the spirit of father to son, though this purchase is really a sneaky way for ME to get the Porsche in the end:)
I love the suggestions. Any other ideas out there?
Post a Comment