Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just in time for Halloween


William really likes to get into the roles hey plays. He could be described as a method actor. Who would want a cheesey painted on scar for Halloween when you could have real gore?


Yesterday, while I was at my monthly doctor's appointment and Eliana was at preschool, Darryl decided to take Will boating with a friend. On the way to the lake, Will said he needed to go potty so they ducked in a gas station to get the job done. Turns out Will was to excited about thoughts of boating to sit still long enough for anything to happen. He jumped off the toilet, Darryl pulled his (William's) pants up, and he took off running in the bathroom. He tripped on his own shoes and hit his head on the corner of the wall. Darryl said he knew from the sound that it was bad. He called me and I met him at instacare after picking up Eliana. They sent us on to a plastic surgeon. My parents took Eliana out to lunch so she didn't have to see the whole process.
His skin split to the skull. He got three layers of stitches plus derma-bond on the outside. Once again, he did a great job, amazing the doctors and nurses with his sweet personality.
So, with the crazy hair and the scar on his forehead, maybe Harry Potter would be a good choice for Halloween.

6 comments:

Megan said...

oh.my.goodness.

that beats all. So sorry. And yes, Harry Potter would be perfect!

Jamie said...

He's a little heavy on the stitches lately. Hope they heal up well!

Kristi said...

I can't believe it split down to his skull - even Tommy hasn't done that and he has had stiches almost all over his body. Glad everything else is okay though and hope it heals quickly! Tommy had shown me a pic yesterday that Darryl had sent on his phone - looks so painful :(

Rachael said...

Or maybe the monster of Frankenwill!

I don't think Harry's scar was ever that bad!

I'm glad I didn't have to see it happen, but he looks great now!

Anonymous said...

Oh My!! He's on a roll. Poor kiddo, he's probably pretty proud of it now that all the stitching is done? :)

Beka said...

wow...giving Seth a run for his money! You guys have had a rough month! I like the Harry Potter scar...Alex would be proud:)