Sunday, September 5, 2010

Salt Lake trip, days 3 and 4

I didn't take pictures on Saturday, except with my phone. We spent the morning relaxing in the room, then headed to the planetarium. Darryl and I could have stayed all day. The kids had a good time too. They loved the moonscape, the martian surface, the simulated black hole where we raced pennies, and the cool display of balls going here, there and everywhere. They also wanted one of everything in the gift shop, but were content to play with things for a bit, then put them back.

In the evening, we met up with some friends in Highland for another barbecue. The kids had a blast playing outside in the cool weather while we caught up with old friends and made some new ones.

On Sunday we went to our old ward and enjoyed seeing friends there. We ate a picnic lunch on the church lawn, then headed for home.

It was a fun trip. I was reminded of all the things I love about SLC and all the things I don't (mainly the bad air. Will hasn't needed his inhaler since we returned home).

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Sorry Will has asthma. Sorry you were sick last night and didn't come. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Beka said...

Every time we go to Salt Lake in the summer I'm ready to pack up and move there. Love it. Also, I understand that they just passed an ordinance allowing homeowners to keep chickens in certain parts of the city...also love it. Of course, we don't even bother going in the winter...so I'm afraid I'm only experiencing it's good side:). Also, I remember the inversion. Don't miss that. But it sounds like you had fun reconnecting with old friends and enjoying the cooler weather. I hope you're feeling better. Are you still going to do Lieto this fall?