Today he wanted me to sing him the happy birthday song as a lullaby for his nap. He also wanted me to sing what he calls the "Marcus Marcus song." It's sung to the tune of "Come Thou Fount." Here's how it's done. I start out singing "Marcus" (the name of a little boy in our neighborhood) over and over again to the tune, then Will calls out different names/words and I sing that instead for a while, etc. He usually wants me to sing the names of all the boys in the neighborhood (himself included), Grandpa, "cycle," binki, blankie, bed, and today I had to add vroom in.
He's talking more and more everyday. He has even started saying "poopy-head," enough that I told him he will get a spray (breath-freshener stuff) to clean his mouth if he says the word. Today he said it and dutifully opened his mouth for the spray. Then he said, "Spray yummy. Thank-you Mommy!"
Oh, how I love my sweet William!
My cousin Kjirsten, who shares a birthday with Will, took some cute pictures of him at my grandpa Duane's 80th birthday party. You can see them here.
4 comments:
Oh, Happy Birthday Will!! Love that you sing to him at nap time...that will be something he will remember forever! Love you mamita!
Happy Belated Birthday Will!! I can't believe how big he is, and such a character! Good thing our kids always keep us on our toes :)
oh! no puedo creer cuan grande esta will!!si parece que fue ayer cuando era tan chikitito.
mm las galletas se ven deliciosas! de que esta hecha la boca de las figuras de la galleta?
saludos.:)
Happy birthday to William! And happy birthday to you, Shauna! Hope everything's been great for you all.
Post a Comment