We had quite the morning yesterday--mostly due to the fact that I chose to wear a skirt (who knows why). Apparently I am so used to having pockets that if I don't have them my brain shuts off.
We went to the library yesterday, returned our books, picked out a new selection and were just settling in for story time when Will peed his pants. Luckily it was mostly absorbed by his underwear and pants, but still...He was not happy, and was trying to strip naked in the library. I was in the middle of checking out the books and had to rely on Eliana to help will stay decent.
We finally got everything gathered and ready to leave (clean clothes were in the car), when I realized that I had no idea where my keys were. I ran back to the children's area to look for my keys while Will got his pants all the way off (at least his underwear was still on). I couldn't find my keys so I started taking everything out of our library bag (Will was still crying and started saying, "mommy, sting!"). Still no keys. I dashed back once again, and finally found my keys next to the catalogue computer. ???!
So, we made it to the car, got cleaned up, ordered a pizza for pickup (I was beat), then drove around the corner to drop off the recycling. I unloaded a carload of trash into the correct "binnies", got back into the car and realized I had lost my keys again. "please, Lord, not in the recycling bins" was all I could muster. I went to the back of my car, and saw my keys sitting next to the empty boxes. Phew!
Anyway, today is much better. Will has pooped exclusively in the toilet for five days straight, and has only had one peeing accident so far today. And I'm wearing pants with pockets.
5 comments:
Last year when I finished working and had to throw away some garbage into a big dumpster, I accidentally tossed my mail keys in too. I was about 5 months pregnant and had to climb in there to retrieve them, but luckily it had been emptied and was just the recycling dumpster so it wasn't too terrible. Just hard to get back out! Good luck with Will, too!
Oh the life of a mother! Hahaha sounds like you had a very busy day! I'm like you, if I don't have pockets, I tend to lose things....I tried doing the purse thing, but then I would lose my purse....hahaha! Love the post!
Juliet, who's been doing well for a while, had an accident in Ace Hardware while I was talking to the sprinkler guy. I looked down the aisle and she was walking towards me, naked from the waist down, holding her wet pants and panties. So I had to ask an associate for paper towels while holding Juliet and trying to pull her shirt down over her naked bum. I think I was wearing pants that day. What was my deal?
Go Will!
Also, I'm personally of the opinion that skirts (or pocket-less pants) are always a bad idea... Even with pockets, I regularly have problems locating my keys.
Wow, Will is just turning two now isn't he? Sounds pretty accelerated to me. I have friends with almost three year olds that aren't that far along. Way to go Will.
A skirt....in the middle of the week. YOu ambitious woman!
Post a Comment