In other news, Eliana has started playing the piano. She can play "Twinkle twinkle little star, " "Mary had a little lamb," and the song from Winnie the Pooh (the first part...deep in the hundred acre wood, etc., etc.) Believe me, this has all been her idea. It's a frustrating process, because she wants to be able to play a song perfectly the first time through (where did she get that from?). But a couple of things have helped. #1, I write the letter names of the notes on the keys with pencil, so she has a visual cue in addition to auditory; #2, I bought some new music for myself and have been modeling appropriate behavior for learning a new song on the piano. I make sure she notices how I have to try several times before I get a section right.
Here is a video of her first "performance"
And here's what what was running through my head when she was really frustrated
http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=7uaZJGZMyUg&v=q1Ugqh471IE
6 comments:
Yes! Love love love the soap! I'm glad you liked it as a shampoo too! Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm crazy, so it helps to have a good back up opinion. I think I want to try a couple of soap variations next time, not because this soap isn't awesome, but just to learn more about the process.
she amazes me! I would love some soap! ;)
Haha i love the Sesame Street clip, and I LOVE that you are modeling "learning" behavior.
Good luck to you both :)
I love Don Music! He was always one of my favorite characters. In fact, just a while ago I was trying to find the flabbergasted song (do you remember?) to show Alex, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I love don Music.
Also, I love soap. As a matter of fact, I use it in my monthly showers. What a small world.
Oh my gosh. I can't believe your kids are so big! They're not babies anymore.
I love how Will totally backs up when you ask him.. and how Eliana looks like a little Becca!
You guys are so cool.
Can I put in an order for soap?
Post a Comment