I'm trying to be excited as excited about this post as I was about Will's. I want to remember all the nice things about this birthday, though, so that's motivating me. We've been partying since last Friday. For one of my presents, Darryl took Friday off so we could hang out. We went to the gym and played racquetball while the kids played in the day-care area. We then went to the Bear Paw Cafe...I can't even write the name without drooling...where the kids got chocolate waffles, I got eggs Benedict (with salmon instead of ham), and Darryl got a pannini sandwich. After nap time, we played outside a bit, then the babysitter came. Darryl and I went hiking around the red hill (we were trying to burn off some of our lunch calories from Bear Paw), then ate delicious Vietnamese food. It was so much fun to have a leisurely day all together.
On Saturday we took the kids to an Easter egg hunt, then started getting ready for the big barbecue at the park.
Sunday was a recovery day. (side note, I substituted for Eliana's primary teacher and realized once again how bad I am at dealing with small children. One kid (age 5), when asked what we can do to show Jesus we are grateful for him answered, "follow Satan?" It was all downhill from there. The kids were all huddled under a table at one point, and at another I was physically blocking the door so they would stay in the room. Give me teenagers any day!)
Yesterday, I borrowed my cousin's tradition of making a doughnut tower instead of a cake for Will's actual birthday.
Today, I got a pedicure (my sister's going to school to be a nail technician, so she gave me the pedicure--extra fun!), Darryl gave me a gift certificate for a massage, I got a book in the mail from my grandma, and we went to dinner at Samurai 21 (very tasty--however, does anyone else feel that the Hibachi chefs' routines are a bit like black-face comedy? They use exaggerated accents, cliche jokes that poke fun at the culture, etc.).
I really appreciated all the birthday phone calls, facebook messages and e-mails from everyone. Thanks!
7 comments:
Happy Golden Birthday! (That is what I call it when you turn the age of the date of your birthday) Mine was 28. I know what you mean about teaching primary and 5-6 year olds. I had Christian and Ethan and Craig Ricks in my class and "The Devil" was a common answer along with hitting and spitting. Good times :)
I'm sorry, Shauna, but while I was reading I got a visual of you blocking the door to keep the kids in. I laughed and almost spit my food out because it caught me by surprise. I'm still giggling. Happy Birthday, and going to The Bear Paw is a super yummy place to celebrate! Sounds like you had a great birthday weekend!
Happy Birthday, babe. I'm glad you had a good day. I had to work on mine; not nearly as fun, I'm sure. I like the doughnut tower--I'll have to try that! Much easier!
happy birthday. johnny reminded me of it yesterday. love the donuts!!
I don't know. You seemed to handle me fairly well when I acted like a five-year-old.
By the way, I love Will's Marcus song.
haha i love the image of you with the huddled children!
happy birthday.
AAAHHH I missed it! Happy Birthday. It sounds blissful...as blissful as a 31st birthday can be with two kids.
Post a Comment