Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ladies Only



One of the many things I love about my mother-in-law is that she hosts a "ladies only" weekend each year and invites all her daughters, daughters-in-law and their nursing babies or teenage daughters. The husbands are supposed to tend the children. It's a weekend filled with good conversation, tasty food, relaxation, and crafts crafts crafts. Now, many of you know that I am not much of a crafty person. My talents lie in the more perishable arts--cooking, music, etc. But this year I managed to pull of some craftiness with some help from more talented souls.
This is Becka. She helped me make some cute clippies and corker bows for Eliana. You can check out what she has for sale by clicking the little cuties link on the side (btw, I need someone to show me how to type in someone's name and have it link to their site).

This is a magnet board I made for Eliana's room. I bought these pre-painted and glued magnets on the back.
My sister-in-law, Melanie, helped me make these. She has 5 billion stamps and even more good ideas.

Alena helped us make some awesome sushi (I took pictures, but blogger is being dumb, so oh well), and we all ate too much.
We even received a guest appearance from a beautiful king snake.
It was a great weekend. Thanks Darryl, for watching the kiddos so I could have a break!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Those are some seriously cute crafts. Nice. And I LOVE the new picture! It's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I bet it was so much fun. I am domestically challenged in all things besides cooking as well, so it would be fun being w/ peeps that know how to do it all.
I usually read your postings in my google reader, so I never see your main pic on the page- but your fam pic looks so great! Really, it is a beauty!
Hope you are loving it down there!

Anonymous said...

Love the new header pic! Thanks for the referral. :)

What you do is highlight the word you want to link, then click on the blue underlined word that says link that is right by the add picture button. then type the web address in the field.

~Amanda~ said...

Hey Shauna! I found your blog - did I tell you that? Well, I'm glad that I did so that I can see how your cute family is doing now that you are so far away!
I, too, love the the family picture at the top - gorgeous!
And all those crafts are so awesome - it makes me want to do something! Love it!

Anonymous said...

oh yes, I forgot! I may be talented in the crafty department but I am very domestically challenged, and you beat me in the intellectual department as well!

Jennifer Darger said...

Shauna wasn't it fun to get together last weekend? It was so good to see you and your new house. We're lucky to be part of the extended Zitting Family, aren't we? Love you, and so happy to have your for a friend!