Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Medication free (knock on wood)

I have phased William off both his reflux medications (I have been trying this every time his med's need to be refilled) and he seems to be fine!! He's been off Prevacid for over two weeks and Zantac for close to a week now. He still spits up (about the same as when he was on the medication), but it still doesn't seem to be bothering him. His temperament is the same. Yeeeeaaaaaaa!!!!! I hate having to give my babies medicine, but I hate to see them suffering as well.

In other William news, he army crawls a little and does an inch-worm crawl (often backwards). He still doesn't get anywhere very quickly (thank goodness), but I better get a gate for our stairs ASAP.

Does anyone have a favorite to recommend? I'm thinking about getting the kind you can open and close (as opposed to having to take the gate all the way off each time you want to access the stairs).

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Wahoo! That's always a relief! My baby gate pretty much has to come all the way off but we don't go in the basement a ton. But it was the only one I could find that was wide enough for the space. That was the deciding factor for us.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I would use the kind that acts like a door if your going to be leaving it up permanently and using that walkway a lot...but you have to screw them into the wall if that's ok? Hope to be seeing you soon!

Beka said...

I like the one I bought at target (which I gave to Megan once Katy started crawling). It opens and closes, but I got the last one on ultra clearance, so I don't know if they make them anymore. I would try their website.

MarciaAnne said...

We use the DreamBaby gate at the preschool. I really like it. It stays in place by twisting the knobs out and putting tension on the wall/doorway. The only drawback is the bottom of the gate has a ledge about an inch high that you have to get used to, really it is only a concern when pushing a stroller (or cart of lunch) through it. Here is a link/url for it on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Swinging-Security-Extensions-White/dp/B000EIGJQ2
Good luck keeping him out of the stairway.ai