Later that day we went to Staheli Farms to supposedly pick our own pumpkins. I was under the impression that the pumpkins had been grown there and you could pick them off the vines. Silly me. Apparently it's cooler if you pick your pumpkins off the dirt at a farm than if you do so at a grocery store. Eliana chose a tiny pumpkin that had actually grown on said farm. They only charged us a dollar for it, so it worked out well. Anyway, the real fun was in the experience. I kept thinking of Dwight from "the Office" trying to get his beet farm into Agri-tourism. These guys pulled it off well. :) We had a lot of fun. Eliana didn't want to get off of the the tire swing carousel, and threw a huge fit when I had to pull her out of the mound of corn at the base of the slide in order to avoid a sunburn. Letting her go in her Halloween outfit was a mistake, though. It was very hot outside. Here are some pictures of the fun:
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Carnival baby goes to the farm
On Saturday we went out for breakfast at IHOP (I had no idea how pricey their breakfasts are. I normally don't pay that much for dinner, if I can help it). Eliana chose her own clothes. I wish I had a picture, but she stripped down before I could get one. While we were eating, she wandered over to the table next to ours and the little boy said, "look Mom, she looks like a little carnival baby!" Ha ha ha!
Later that day we went to Staheli Farms to supposedly pick our own pumpkins. I was under the impression that the pumpkins had been grown there and you could pick them off the vines. Silly me. Apparently it's cooler if you pick your pumpkins off the dirt at a farm than if you do so at a grocery store. Eliana chose a tiny pumpkin that had actually grown on said farm. They only charged us a dollar for it, so it worked out well. Anyway, the real fun was in the experience. I kept thinking of Dwight from "the Office" trying to get his beet farm into Agri-tourism. These guys pulled it off well. :) We had a lot of fun. Eliana didn't want to get off of the the tire swing carousel, and threw a huge fit when I had to pull her out of the mound of corn at the base of the slide in order to avoid a sunburn. Letting her go in her Halloween outfit was a mistake, though. It was very hot outside. Here are some pictures of the fun:

Later that day we went to Staheli Farms to supposedly pick our own pumpkins. I was under the impression that the pumpkins had been grown there and you could pick them off the vines. Silly me. Apparently it's cooler if you pick your pumpkins off the dirt at a farm than if you do so at a grocery store. Eliana chose a tiny pumpkin that had actually grown on said farm. They only charged us a dollar for it, so it worked out well. Anyway, the real fun was in the experience. I kept thinking of Dwight from "the Office" trying to get his beet farm into Agri-tourism. These guys pulled it off well. :) We had a lot of fun. Eliana didn't want to get off of the the tire swing carousel, and threw a huge fit when I had to pull her out of the mound of corn at the base of the slide in order to avoid a sunburn. Letting her go in her Halloween outfit was a mistake, though. It was very hot outside. Here are some pictures of the fun:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment