Thursday, July 31, 2008

4 Months



William made the four month mark yesterday, but I wanted to wait until today to post so I would have the stat's from his check-up. He weighed in at a staggering 15 lbs. 14 oz (no wonder my back hurts), and measured 26.5 inches long. That put him in the seventieth percentile for weight and the 90-somethingth for height.

Here are some things that stand out about four months:
  • He's started putting anything and everything into his mouth. He's still new at coordinating his movements and he gets frustrated when he can't get teething toys into the right position in his mouth.
  • He's teething, so his shirts are always soaked with drool (in addition to the barf that we've been dealing with since birth).
  • He's learned to laugh. I LOVE baby laughs!! He has quite a little sense of humor. And he's ticklish, especially under the arms.
  • He loves little rhyming games and songs. Those will often get laughs.
  • He still loves it when I (or anyone else) sings and coos along.
  • He thinks Eliana is the most entertaining thing he's ever seen. She's eating it up.

In general, he's such a happy, mellow baby. He's so much fun to have around. I love that he's a pretty good sleeper (still not sleeping through the night, but on his way). I can put him in his crib at nap/bed time and he goes right to sleep. I love how he and Eliana adore each other (just today she said, "Mommy, William's my friend") right now. I love how he does jump to an out and out cry every time he's upset. He cries like Bolero--he starts small and soft, then gradually crescendos to full strength. I love how he's always in motion. His little arms and legs are always grabbing, flailing, kicking, pulling, etc. And ya gotta love those cheeks! :)

6 comments:

Megan said...

he's soooooo cute! I love the chunky babies! Seth was 20 pounds at 5 months. It's amazing we aren't body builders!

We are coming up next weekend. We would love to hang out with you guys, and Tom and Kristi...we'll be in touch!

Anonymous said...

I think he's as big as Keira :D He's such a cutie. Keira still wont giggle, except occasionally at her big brother!

Kristi said...

I can't believe how much he has grown since he was born - & I love that you put the monkey beside him so we can see his changes. He is such a sweet baby!

Forsberg's said...

I think he's bigger than Evie! They both are so cute. We missed you last night. Next time!

Jamie said...

It amazes me how much weight babies can put on, even when they're throwing up their body weight every 24 hours. I was surprised Juliet ever gained weight at all. (My worn out look hit after all the kids are in bed.)

Anonymous said...

el bebè esta re grande!
no puedo creer cuanto ha crecido..
se ven hermosos .
saludos y cariños.

la tia karen