Sunday, July 13, 2008

The story

Darryl is worried that those of you that read this blog will thing he's some kind of gun nut, so he's insisted I write about the picture posted on the 4th of July.

My brother Ian and his buddy Joe came to visit us while they were on leave from the Marine Corps. They are both temporarily stationed in 29 Palms, CA, and drove here in Ian's truck. Ian was worried about leaving his weapons in the car on the street, lest they get stolen and various crimes performed with them. I made sure he left all ammo in the car and emptied the chambers before he brought the guns in the house.

Just before he came in the house with the rifle pictured in the photo, Darryl got a call on his cell phone from our neighbor:

Neighbor: "Uh, you probably know this already, but there's a guy headed to your door with a really big gun."
Darryl: "yeah, that's Shauna's brother. Thanks for watching out for us."

Ian came in, and the picture was too much to resist. So there you have it.

In other news, I've been in the throws of potty training with Eliana, so I've been too busy cleaning up pee to turn on my computer. :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

I don't know which I like better, the picture with no story, or the story with the neighbor...so funny! At least you know your neighbors are looking out for yoU!

Good luck with the potty training!

Amy Hummel said...

I think the story is hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing!

Beka said...

That picture rocks! He looks like he's protecting his homestead and his young'n.
btw, I got your comment a while back about the pictures we took at the ranch. Do you want me to burn them to a disk or email? and what;s your email? Sorry, I've been a big procrastinator.

Ruth said...

That is so funny! We were wondering what was up with that! LOL