Today we went on a hike to Donut Falls.
Eliana is a great little hiker and had a blast. If you look closely, you can see her giving us her "I'm number 1" fingers. I don't know where she got that from, but it's cute.

Darryl and I have almost no pictures of just the two of us. Most of our pictures together were lost forever when our laptop was stolen a year and a half ago. So we decided to capture the moment with our signature "take a picture with your arm outstretched" move.

On the way up the trail we got a nice man with a fancy camera to use our very inexpensive camera to take a picture of the four of us. I realized the other day that the only pictures I have with all four of us were taken in the
hospital when William was born. By the way, I LOVE my
moby wrap. Have I mentioned that already on this blog? :) Thanks Becca and Shelby for inspiring my purchase.
.JPG)
We ate lunch at the top.
Eliana enjoyed her crackers more than her sandwich.

William enjoyed his meal, too.
Eliana took her first photograph today. I think she's got more talent than I do in this area! :)

Another family shot. Good thing Darryl's got such long arms, eh?

Shortly after this picture Will had a major blow-out. Of course I left his extra clothes in the car. So, we cleaned him up and put him back in the
moby wrap with just a diaper on. He promptly fell asleep.
Last week we hiked part of the Mormon Pioneer Historic Trail. I failed to take any pictures of that trip, but we had a lot of fun then as well.
On the 5th of July we went to a Whitaker family reunion at my uncle Tom's place in Midway. It was heaven on earth, as usual. We enjoyed visiting with family, playing on the giant slip-n-slide, marching in the cake walk, and eating way too much food. My grandpa Duane came over from Sundance to visit for a bit as well (he's my grandpa on the Davis side). After the reunion we went to the Homestead where my parents were staying and ate delicious wood fired pizza. William loved being held by his great-grandpa, and smiled and cooed at him the whole time.
Jessie came up to stay with me for a few days while Darryl was out of town for work. We went to the zoo and had a great time, despite the heat. Eliana's favorite part this trip was the giant elephant statue that sprays water. The real elephants were eating their food right by the fence. She looked at them for about 2 milliseconds and then said, "I wanna see the elephant sneeze again." Sigh. At least she enjoyed herself, right?
Another day we went to the park to play. Jessie was holding Will after he woke up from his nap and we realized they color coordinated perfectly, so I had to get a picture.

When Darryl came home, he brought
Eliana a cute dress that came with matching sunglasses. She was more than thrilled! She had to put it on right away. She is signing "cheese" again in this picture. She does that just about any time someone says, "Say cheese!"
3 comments:
Fun!
I love the picture of Grandpa and William.
Looks like you guys had a blast on your hike! I need to find out some good trails from you - I have only been on one hike in the whole 6 years I have lived here (sad!) Anyways, great family pictures!!
I love the pictures. Eliana looks happy with her new dress and glasses!!
Post a Comment