Darryl was sad his MG wasn't finished yet, though he was excited to learn that he can race his car, even with the swapped engine. Those of you who know Darryl know that he is extremely optimistic. He has a history of estimating that something will take just a few hours to fix, when really it takes a few days. One of the things that has impressed me over the years is that no matter how many times he estimates incorrectly, his optimism wins out the next time he starts a project as well. So I was shocked (and more than a little disturbed) when he said, "I thought for sure my car would be up and running by this year's field day. And at the rate things are going, I don't think it will be ready for next year's either. Maybe by 2015." I hope this was just a one time occurrence and not a trend. Maybe all my "realism" has gotten the best of him!
Anyway, we had a great time, and hope to be back next year--with or without a working MG
Here is Eliana signing and saying cheese for the camera.
Here is an example of the fun. Sorry about the pixelated picture. This was taken with our cheap digital camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment