Tuesday, September 20, 2011

8 months (and one week)




My how time flies. The first picture was taken on Lizzie's 8 month "birthday". Let's see...what's new with Liz...ah yes! She started crawling at 7.5 months and is now a pro. Luckily, my brother owns a baby-proofing business, so I now have an awesome gate at the top of the stairs. The down side to being mobile is that I now have to vacuum and sweep a whole lot more often since she seems to have an innate desire to put choking hazards into her mouth. She's already eaten a lot of paper:)

Speaking of eating, she eats A LOT! Like four full meals per day, plus bottles. Just to give you a frame of reference, for breakfast today she ate and ENTIRE banana (mashed) with oat cereal and soy yogurt. Plus some cheerios she downed while I was preparing her food.

Subsequently, she wears size 18 month clothes. Lest the pictures and my descriptions give you the wrong idea, she's very proportional; she's a tall baby.

She still has just two teeth--very different from the other two children, but I'm glad. Will had a whole mouthful at this point.

She signs "finished", "milk" and "hi/bye". She doesn't sign "more", but does say "muh, muh" and open and close her mouth when she wants more (or if I'm eating and she wants some food too).

She loves to play with the water when she's bathing and tries again and again to catch the water from the faucet. Gotta admire her persistence:)

I love my Lizzie-bug!


1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

She's so cute! Happy 8 months baby girl!