Friday, April 8, 2011
Funny conversations
We were driving to the park yesterday and suddenly a crazy conversation began to unflod: E: Hey Mom, you forgot something... Me: What? E: (delighted) I'm not buckled! Me: Oops! Sorry about that. E: Pull over and buckle me! Me: We're nearly there (I know; poor parenting. But we were really about 2 blocks away from our destination) E: But what if a sneaky police officer in a regular car sees me and he gives you a ticket?! W: Mom! Buckle Sissy fast! I don't want you to go to jail! Me: Even if a police officer saw that Eliana wasn't buckled, I wouldn't go to jail. They would just give me a ticket. E: Yeah Will, she wouldn't go to jail. But if she gets THREE tickets, then she goes to jail (she was clearly enjoying egging him on). W: (still upset) I want a mommy AND a daddy! Don't go to jail mom! Me: I'm not going to jail (pulling up at the park now). I don't know where they're getting their information about the laws of the land, but it looks like we need to talk. Poor William relaxed once we got to the park.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is too hilarious! gotta love kid's imaginations!
Post a Comment