Wednesday, March 30, 2011

William's third birthday

Man, I love this boy! I can't believe he's three already! The first thing he said when he woke up was, "OH! I like vegetables now!" :) He's a bit of a picky eater and I had been prepping him that once he was three he was going to like eating fruits and vegetables more. Here are some pictures from the party, for all those who weren't able to be here with us: Will wanted a monster truck birthday. I made some shirts (with the help of my talented friend, Megan) for the kids to color when they got to the party

Then we played some games, including "pin the licence plate on the truck bumper."
Here's the cake

We also had a pinata. I purchased this beauty from 3 Amigos latino market. It was one sturdy pinata. It took several adult beatings before it broke open.
On a related note, am I the only one that thinks that boy toys are WAY cooler than girl toys? I think the major toy labels need to step it up a notch with girl toys. This isn't a recent problem either. I mean, Strawberry Shortcake's coolest feature was that she smelled nice. Transformers changed from cars into robots. Maybe I should start a new facebook page demanding more interesting toys for girls.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

It is true that boy toys are cooler than girl toys. I really wish they would make a few cool girl Legos, among other things.

Elise seems perfectly happy with the quality of girl toys, but maybe that's because it's all she has.

That pinata you found looks awesome. It kind of reminds me of a Japanese cartoon.

Beka said...

Oh so true. Though I do like the open-ended simple girl toys like doll houses and dress ups. I like girls toys more when they're home made. That looks like a fun party! I swear I'm going to try out freezer paper stenciling one of these days.:)

Mary said...

Monster Trucks. Right on. Yes, boy toys are cool, but boy clothes aren't nearly as fun to shop for.