Wow, another month has flown by. We are having so much fun with Elizabeth! She's such an easy-going baby. She gives us lots of smiles and coos. She's trying hard to laugh, but hasn't managed to figure it out yet. :)
The biggest change of the past month is that she's no longer breast-feeding. I cut egg and dairy out of my diet, but she was still in pain most of the day, would only sleep for 20 min. at a time during the day, and wanted to eat every hour. Poor little thing!
I tried cutting out other major allergens for a few days at a time and nothing seemed to make things better. We finally tried Nutramigen, and she got better fast. She now only cries when she hungry, tired, or needs a diaper change. Even then she gives a little warning squawk before getting really serious about crying. And she sleeps through the night.
So, even though I'm sad I'm no longer nursing her, I am glad she is feeling better. I feel so bad we didn't discover Eliana's allergies sooner. She had the same symptoms as Lizzie, but I didn't figure out how to make her feel better until she was 9 months old!
2 comments:
Your kids are adorable. I'm glad Elizabeth is feeling better; it's too bad about her allergies. Oh well--there's not much you can do about it, eh?
Experience is such a great teacher right. I'm so glad she is feeling better! I always admire your self contol and willingness to cut all these foods out of your diet for your kids! The kids and I will be in Utah for nearly six weeks this summer...if youare coming up to Provo I hope we will overlap!
Post a Comment