Yesterday Eliana was slamming her door so Will couldn't get in (something we've warned her against again and again), so Darryl said, "Eliana, don't slam the door. The door could cut his finger off!" He's a bit traumatized from a childhood incident when the tip of his brother's finger was cut off by a slammed door. Anyway, Eliana started telling stories about how when she was a little girl, Will slammed the door and chopped her finger off. I asked her if her finger grew back, since she still had them all, and she said, "No, Mom, I'm not an octopus!"
William has started saying (or trying to say) lots of words now. He's been able to understand everything we say for a while now, and he's able to follow complex directions. Here are some things he says (though only close family can understand the words :))
car (sounds like "ta-oh", rhymes with now)
tractor ("da-doh")
diaper ("dye-doh")
Jessie (pretty easy to understand)
hello ("ah-oh")
bye ("bah")
ow
soft ("toss")
please ("peace")
sorry ("sah-ah")
it's been really fun to have some one-on-one time with him while Eliana is in pre-school.
4 comments:
I am looking forward to that time with Millie too while Halle is at school. Also, Suzie (the slammer of that door in their childhood) is also traumatized about it. Poor Louie - it must have been really bad to have his family still be so upset!!
Eliana always makes me smile! The things she comes up with are so funny. Can't believe Will is talking so much. It has been so long since we have seen you guys. Glad everything is going well!
Ha! I love your brilliant kids.
Kids truly do say the funniest things --- my kids aren't doing a whole of talking yet -- but I am sure my day will come!
Post a Comment