Monday, September 7, 2009

Trip to Midway

Darryl had to go to Jeremy Ranch for work, so the kids and I went along for an impromptu vacation. We were planning on staying in Sandy with some friends, but I was worried about intruding since they have a brand new baby in the family, so I called my uncle Tom to see if we could stay with them in Midway instead. Tom said he would be out of town, but that we were welcome to stay there anyway. I dropped Darryl off at work, then headed up highway 40. As we pulled into Tom's driveway, I noticed some men unloaded bed-rolls, etc. and taking them up to the guest apartment. Linda met us at the door and told us that they had double booked their room, and asked if we would mind staying at Zermatt (a resort in Midway. My uncle owns a room there). I was excited to get to see the resort. We played with the goats at Tom's before getting back in the car, and Will picked up some new words.

Side note: when we got out of the car at Tom's house, Eliana ran straight for the playground, and will ran straight for the livestock! He's a little farmer at heart, I think.

We had a great time!

2 comments:

Jennifer Darger said...

Would you "mind" staying at a luxury resort?? Doesn't sound too bad to me! If Darryl has business in Park City again, let me know and we can get together!

shaunita said...

I would love that. We happened to come up while you were in St. George.