...this is the best we got.
Will and I took some stuff to D.I., got the car washed, went grocery shopping, played outside, then went to the library (right next to E's pre-school) to waste some time before I needed to pick Eliana up at 11:30. We played with puppets, read books, played with puzzles, found some books to take home, etc. I set an alarm on my phone to be sure I picked Eliana up on time.
We left the library at 11:20 and made our way to the pre-school. I thought it was odd that no other parents were around, but five minutes still remained until dismissal. Will and I played by the door for a few minutes, then I got a message on my phone:
"Hi Shauna, this is ______ from the pre-school. We still have Eliana here. Perhaps there was a miscommunication, but her class ends at 11:00..."
At this point I hang up and rush through the door to pick up my "forgotten" daughter!!! AAAAAK! She was playing quietly on the rug while the next class was in session. She didn't have any tear-stains on her face, so I think she was fine. I felt like the biggest IDIOT!! How did I get the time wrong?!?!?! I looked at the papers several times before the big day. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part.
In any case, I explained myself to the teachers, filled out a contact sheet so they can inform me more quickly the next time I mess up, and made my way out of the school. Eliana seemed to think the whole thing was pretty funny, and kept saying, "Mom, you're so silly! You came at the wrong time!"
So, hopefully no long-term damage has been done. She enjoyed her first day, and is excited to go back for more!
By the way, I listened to the rest of the message later, and saved it on my phone, because it so funny. The person is so nice--trying to give me the benefit of the doubt while still informing me that my daughter is waiting for me. It's great.
5 comments:
so sorry that happened, but I was waiting on pins and needles to see how Eliana handled it. It sounds like she was a CHAMP! That is a great sign! I think her smiling picture is adorable, by the way! I hope she keeps on loving it!
One time I took Alex to school on a day off. True story. Talk about not reading the hand-outs they send home. Lucky for him he didn't have to sit in there forever before someone discovered him. His teacher fond him in there right away. It was awesome. I felt great afterwards.
It sounds like Eliana handled it well. Just more confirmation that her mom is "silly". :)
Eliana does look stinking cute. And we all do that stuff. Me probably more than anyone. "Silly" is actually my new name/cuss word that I call my kids when I'm upset with them. Do you think they'll have a hard time understanding it's meaning in the future?
oh no! :) Cohen starts pre-school on the 9th, apparently she charges you if your late!
Oh no!! That is wonderful that Eliana was such a great sport and looking forward to going again. How fun to have her in preschool - I bet she is going to love it - and you probably will love the time alone with Will too. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment