Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Flowers for my birthday

Darryl sent me flowers on my birthday. I'm a sucker for flowers. He also thought to send some to my mom. She was thrilled. He said, "you know, on people's birthdays, their moms are really the ones who should get the credit. After all, they're the ones who did all the work."

My parents took me to lunch at the Olive Garden, and we met up with some friends for dinner at Ah'Sya.

It's kind of weird to think that I'm 30. I feel like I should be more grown up. Or responsible. I have started wearing make-up. We'll see how long that lasts.






2 comments:

Amy Hummel said...

Probably not long (about the make-up). I've never been a big make-up wearer. I'll usually wear it to church. And if Jared and I have a date I'll wear some. Other than that, I go in phases. For some reason, I'll get into a kick where I'll fix my hair nice (more than a pony tail) and wear jewelry and put make-up on. That will last to a week or two, and then I'll regress back to my normal state of occasional wearing.

I know what you mean about not "feeling" like you could be 30. Of course I'm still 28... but I still feel like I could be in high school. A wise elderly person once told me that "you are only as old as your mind is."

It's true.

Anonymous said...

Awe... I'm loving Daryle's comment!