Monday, March 30, 2009

One Whole Year

William is officially one year old today. We had a party at the Ranch for Chloe (Darryl's sister Ruth's daughter), Will, and me. Here are the cakes. It should be pretty obvious whose are whose.




Here is Chloe getting ready to make a wish. For those of you who know Parker Green, but haven't seen him for a while--that's him behind Chloe.

The little birthday man, before we stripped his clothes off.


Me and my assistant candle-blower.

And now, First Taste of Cake: a photographic series











It took a while to clean that mess up. Darryl took Will strait to the tub, and I tackled the high-chair.

This year has flown by!

10 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow! Parker looks old! You guys are having a busy birthday month! We should be able to make it tomorrow so I can wish you happy birthday in person.

Megan said...

I love the pictures of Will and his cake. Can't believe that it's been so long! Happy Birthday! And Parker...wow. I still remember him doing the toddler booty dance at someones wedding...time really flies!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I thought when I seen the picture on the follow screen that you had gotten him a butterfly cake ;) Eleana's hair seems to have lightened or brightened since I last seen her, and I wish my kiddo's tore into their cake like that, but I guess it was kinda of cute that they cried and wouldn't touch it. Happy 30th birthday!

Jennifer Darger said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a super fun time. I was wondering what Chloe did for her birthday, Halle was wondering where her party invitation was! It's way more fun celebrating your kids' birthdays than your own, isn't it?

Beka said...

Last time I saw Parker he was running around chasing a dog shouting, "doggin, doggin!" They grow up so fast...a perfect theme for this post! Will sure looks dapper in his little birthday outfit...and who doesn't love a one-year old cake montage.
Happy birthday, Shauna! We graciously welcome you to your fourth decade:)See you tonight!

Johnny said...

Those pictures of Will eating his cake were awesome! They just kept getting better...and then he picked up the pan! Happy birthday to you both!

Ruth said...

Oh my goodness! I love how Will just picks up the whole pan. Too cute! And those cakes look really yummy!Happy b-day to all of you.

Mary said...

That's awesome. I can't believe how blonde Eliana has become, and how smart Will is . . . Benji's not walking yet, but I bet he could beat Will in a wrestling match! And Happy 30th to you. It's a little traumatic, but you'll get through it with flying colors. :o)

Forsberg's said...

Happy birthday to both of you!

Bromleys said...

Hey woman, I just found a few blogs... Yours, Megans, Shellys, Bekas and had to say hi.
Eliana and William have grown so much. Eliana looks so much like you, it's wild.
Josh graduates the police accademy in May, so we're pretty excited. He's pretty good at it all.
later