Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter fun

We had a lot of fun celebrating Easter this year. We made some great crafts, thanks to my friend Shelly. I have no craft talent, so I'm glad I have friends that can help my children enjoy crafty things.

We went to an egg hunt at a park, but didn't realize that the hunting really began five minutes before the advertised times. Oh well. Eliana found one egg anyway, and was thrilled.

We had another egg hunt at my parent's house. Jessie and her friend Danielle helped the Easter bunny hide the eggs.

Here is Eliana showing off an egg we dyed. Hot pink was her favorite, of course. Also, the girl has my elbows! :)





The Easter bunny was kind enough to fill the kids' baskets with fruit from his travels around the world. We had fun trying the different kinds of fruit. Yum!




3 comments:

Amy Hummel said...

My kids are totally getting fruit next year. I was so sick of the candy by the end of the day... AND I didn't give them that much. We don't do the Easter bunny though. I'm pretty sure my kids don't even know what an Easter bunny is... :)

~Amanda~ said...

Fruit! That is so smart - I'm really going to have to remember that!

Rachel Doyle said...

What a fun idea with the fruit - I will have to remember that in the future when my girls get bigger.