Saturday, April 25, 2009

Vegas, baby!

Darryl and I just got back from our first vacation without kids. Aaaaahhhhhh....so relaxing...We went to Las Vegas to celebrate our five-year wedding anniversary (which happened in December. It's just taken us a while to get everything ready).

We saw a performance of "O", one of the Cirque du Soleil shows. It was so cool and amazing! Both of us wanted to watch it again to be able to see more of the action.

We ate lots of good food, and watched a movie at our hotel. (PSA: the Soloist is a wonderful book that I recommend reading, but the movie was really badly done. I thought it did a real disservice to the book and the story, which is too bad, since the book is wonderful.)

In memory of "Vegas Fun Day" we rode the New York, New York roller coaster. Man, did that ever make me feel old. I got so motion sick! I was as white as a sheet when the ride ended and had a horrific head-ache. About half-way through the ride I moaned, "Why did I think this was a good idea?!?!" Uggggh. We had a good laugh, though.

We had a great time, and look forward to more kid-less vacations in the future. (vacations with the kids are in the works as well).

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Glad you guys had a wonderful time - you deserved some time away together. I am with you on the motion sickness - last time Tommy and I rode on something I was sick as well!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! I get sick on the swing set and the carousel ride now! I use to love park rides!!

Beka said...

I'm so glad you guys got away! Vegas is one of our favorite kidless getaways as well. Doesn't it feel great to get...SLEEP!!

Beka said...

ps I'm the same way on roller coasters now. Used to love them, now I want to barf on them. Sad, really.

Bromleys said...

If it makes you feel better Josh and I both get motion sickness. You know next time you should check out Big Bass Pros. We think it's like Disneyland... but we're really wierd like that.

Ruth said...

Oh fun! I love Cirque du Soleil! I haven't seen a live show, but I did see one on DVD.