Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vacation!!!!

I just returned from my first real vacation (without kids) since Eliana was born. I feel renewed and refreshed. It helped me remember why I chose to stay at home with my children.

I went to Mesa, AZ with my mom and Jessie for my cousin Katie (Candland)'s wedding. We drove there and had a good time listening to This American Life and uplifting talks (on the way back--thanks Anne!)

I haven't had a chance to really visit with my Mesa cousins for a long time. It was great to see everyone. The wedding was so much fun. They hired a Latin band that was awesome. People danced the night away--staying 'till the band left and beyond.

My cousin Erika cut and styled my hair. I wish I had taken a picture right away, because I know I'll never get it to look quite as good. :)

Darryl and the kids when camping while I was gone. He's a brave man. They went to Red Cliffs and had a great time (Darryl said it alternated between really fun and miserable, but ended on a good note).

Next up: Darryl and I are going on a short trip without the kids.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Yeah!! I am glad you were able to get away. I bet that was a nice break. Kinda crazy how much you want to get back to those babies though, huh? And Darryl - camping by himself with two kids???? Tom would never (okay, maybe with Linc but NEVER with Hazel). Good for you guys!

Forsberg's said...

Good for you! Girls trips are a necesity in my world. Once a year!