Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New steps

We've been frantically making some last-minute repairs on our home before listing it. We decided to fix the stairs on the front of our house. Yesterday there was a crew of workers pouring the cement. Eliana enjoyed watching them work, but it lead to some funny conversations.

Eliana: Mommy, one of the workers is nakie bum!! Why? (he didn't have shirt on)
Me: Maybe he's hot.
E: I'm not hot. I have my shirt on.
Me: That's good.
E: Maybe he will take off his pants next
Me: I sure hope not. People usually just take of their shirts when they are outside.
E: Maybe that guy will take off his clothes, too (pointing to another worker)
Me: I doubt it. It isn't very hot outside.

I could tell she was trying to work out the specifics of why I always make her wear clothes when she goes outside (there are a number of registered sex offenders in our neighborhood--you never can be too careful), yet this guy was getting away with being shirtless.

later, she saw a man with a white beard
E: Hey, that guy has a beard!
Me: yup!
E: Nakie bum has a beard, too! (he had a moustache. after a quick assessment, we learned that all the workers had facial hair.)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Ahhh...house projects. We've been trying to fix a gas leak behind my range for over 2 years. Merril tried again to fix the situation and I think we are finally tasting success! I've been sniffing like crazy around the range and all I smell is baked on food. (I need to clean it.) :)

Megan said...

that's awesome! She's such a smartie pants. Nothing gets by that girl! Reminds me of Hannah!

Mary said...

Hey, Shauna. I found you! What a cute little blog. It was fun seeing you today. Thanks for the baby food, and good luck with the move! Love ya!

Forsberg's said...

That is hilarious! I love listening to kids reason things out. Any advice on how to keep her clothes on while she's outside- I've yet to accomplish that, and yes there are a lot of sex offenders around here. Scary.

Unknown said...

sha na na-
I can't find your number- it is kinda last minute. Emmy is sick, so we can't make it tonight! Sorry to miss you yet again, but I am sure long term, you will be thrilled to keep your kids healthy durning this transition! Good luck with the move and say hi to the Zitting Peeps!