Saturday, September 6, 2008

Party Party Party

Well, it's been pretty crazy around here lately. I have been trying to pack all of our belongings before tomorrow and Darryl has been trying to fix all the "deal breakers" in our house before we try to sell it. We've have had some fun in the midst of all the chaos, though.

Thursday we had a BBQ in our back yard and got to see a lot of friends and family. I managed not to cry, but it was bittersweet knowing that we'll being seeing everyone there less often.



On Friday my friend Leonor came over with her two kids to help me pack. Eliana had fun playing with Aaron and Victoria (some of the cutest kids you'll ever find).

Later that same night Darryl and I went out dancing with Leonor, her husband and two other couples at a club close to our house to celebrate Leonor's birthday. The club with divided into two sections--house music and latin music--but you could see between the two. Darryl and I were laughing at the difference between the two sides. On the "gringo" house music side people were randomly jumping and shaking around. On the latin side most people knew how to dance well (darryl and I excepted) and could tell if it was a "salsa" or "merengue", etc. from the first few beats of the song. The other major difference was that the gringo side was mainly young kids, whereas the latin side had a much wider age range. We left there with a resolve to take some dance classes.

Now I had better get back to packing.

3 comments:

Megan said...

WOW, good luck with all the packing! I'm sorry that it's been so bittersweet! We are looking forward to having you here, though!

Jamie said...

I hope the packing goes well. It'll be fun seeing you at girl's night!

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have stayed longer... I'm happy that your at least not moving out of state!

We'll miss you! MUWAH!