Thursday, May 29, 2008

Baby Powder and Mary Popcorn

Eliana and I have started a tradition of having special girl time (William gets to play too, even though he's obviously not a girl) while Darryl has his Bishopric meeting during the week. Yesterday we popped popcorn (thanks to Rick and Megan for the popper), made an egg/dairy free cake, and watched a movie. When I asked Eliana what movie she wanted to watch she said, "I wanna watch popcorn movie."
Me: popcorn movie?
E: yeah, I wanna watch Mary Popcorn.
Me: Oh! Mary Poppins.

She often morphs names like that. The other day (I guess it was the other month, because it was before Will was born) I was watching a bit of Harry Potter during her nap. When she woke up she saw a bit before I turned it off. She asked what movie it was and I told her it was Harry Potter. "Harry Powder?" she said. Then she quickly said, "I wanna watch more Baby Powder movie." She still calls it Baby Powder when she sees the case. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

love it! You would totally forget these. And Seth still calls it Harry Potty, so count your blessings!