
Last night Darryl and I went to see the Utah Symphony. He got me tickets for Christmas, and we had a great time. My favorite part was an AMAZING performance of Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, by Rachmaninoff. I had the hardest time not clapping between movements because I was so impressed by the performance. When the piece finally was over, the pianist received a well-deserved standing ovation. Isle of the Dead, also by Rachmaninoff, and
Dmitri Shostakovich's Symphony No. 1 in F minor, Op. 1 rounded out the evening.
Click here http://www.utahsymphony.org/concert-detail.php?id=50 to read more about the performer (Arnoldo Cohen) or the music.
Dmitri Shostakovich's Symphony No. 1 in F minor, Op. 1 rounded out the evening.
Click here http://www.utahsymphony.org/concert-detail.php?id=50 to read more about the performer (Arnoldo Cohen) or the music.
3 comments:
oooh, sounds cool! HOw fun for you two to get out!
Oh you lucky, lucky girl.
Rhapsody is my favorite piece on the piano. How fun!!
Post a Comment