Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Making Peace

I've finally made peace with my pregnant belly. With Eliana, I loved watching my belly grow, and was amazed at the capacity my body had to expand and change to accommodate new life. This time, however, I've mainly just felt fat. I'm not really sure what has made the difference this time around. Anyway, I've finally started to enjoy my pregnant belly and appreciate the elasticity of my body again. So I had Darryl take these pictures last night, in case I change my mind and start hiding from cameras again.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

We miss you & Eliana! I feel like we haven't hung out in forever (or swapped kids for that matter). I think you look great! I love the scarf in your hair too - very cute!

shaunita said...

We miss you too. One of us has been sick since Thanksgiving. We haven't dared bring our germie family around your new baby. Eliana has an ear infection right now, but I'm hoping this will be the end of our illness streak.

Megan said...

you look fabulous! I love how it's all belly on you! On me, it was all everything!

Beka said...

You are such a dang cute pregnant lady! I know you don't believe it when it's you, but I'm glad you're taking pictures so you'll have the proof. You're adorable!

Ruth said...

You look beautiful Shauna! I'm glad you put these pictures up!

Jamie said...

Your pregnant belly IS cute (and I apologize because no matter how many times people told me my belly was cute, somehow it just felt fat.) I don't know why the wonder fades with each baby but I know where you're coming from. Try not to hide from the camera too much. I had a sister that did that and now she looks back and she doesn't have a single photo during her pregnancies. Luckily, I snapped one by accident forever ago and we stumbled upon it recently.

Anonymous said...

By the way... you look way better than I! I'm "all everything" like Megan said...