Liz hit the ten month mark last week, but we were busy that day taking Will to the ER. Here she is, handing me the lens cap:)
I can't remember what signs I've already recorded that she knows, and I'm too lazy to look it up (I'm fighting a wicked cold). So here's a (mostly) comprehensive list: more, all-done, dog, milk, fish, light...I think that's it. She's learning sleep, please and thank-you, but doesn't have them down yet.
She says "up," "muh," (more), "wuhssah? (what's that)" and "shhh" (she holds her whole hand up to her mouth!). She also tries to imitate lots of other words. If I call out, "ELIANA," Liz says, "Eh-ya!" And if I call out "WILLIAM," she says, "Wuhm!" Of course the big kids love this trick.
Her top teeth have grown in more; it looks like she inherited the Whitaker space:)
She crawls up stairs and climbs onto all sorts of things, but hasn't mastered coming down yet. She stands without holding on to things if she isn't thinking about it. It reminds me of Looney Tunes: if she doesn't look down, she's fine, but once she realizes she's not holding on to anything, down she goes!
When I put her in her crib for a nap or bedtime, she grabs her blankie and pulls it around her body as she turns on her side. It's so cute.
She loves to climb up on the mantle in front of the fireplace. She also claps along and dances to music. She likes to "play" the piano. She loves animals and kicks her legs in excitement when she sees one (real, or pictures). She stops and looks up every time I say, "Uh-oh."
She is very curious and loves to explore. She's happy most of the time, but has started throwing baby tantrums occasionally (like when her favorite toy is off so the buttons don't work).
No comments:
Post a Comment