Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Guess who was FINALLY ready to take off the training wheels...

ME!

William has been riding a bike for a long time now. For months he has been riding with one regular-sized training wheel and one teeny tiny one (he spends a lot of time turning in one direction in our circle). I really wasn't ready to take them off. After all, he is only TWO. But it was getting ridiculous (and a little dangerous). The tiny wheel was almost worn completely away.

Today was such nice day. We went outside while Lizzie was napping to give it a go. I took off the training wheels, held onto his seat while he got his balance, and let go. Off he went. Without a hitch. By the end of the afternoon he could start and stop without tipping over.

He is so proud of himself and has been showing anyone and everyone his new skill.

Way to go, Will. You rock.

4 comments:

Megan said...

haha! He SO reminds me of Seth. Hopefully he won't be standing on his seat while riding anytime soon!

Bromleys said...

Wow! That is incredible! I can't believe he can do that at 2. I'm impressed for sure!

Kristi said...

What?!?! I can't even get Linc to take off his training wheels and Hazel still rides a tricycle. You guys are amazing!

Kristi said...

Ok, so this post totally motivated me when I read it this morning. After I picked Lincoln up from school we learned how to ride without training wheels! yay!