Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sundance and Lake Powell

Last weekend I went to Sundance with my parents for a wedding and Darryl took to kids to Lake Powell with his brother Dan.

My cousaunt (my aunt who is younger than I am, so we grew up more like cousins) Elaine got married to Asher and had a celebration in Sundance. Everyone had backup plans in case it snowed, since the wedding was scheduled for the first weekend in October, but instead we were applying sunscreen and removing layers. It was a gorgeous day, perfect for celebrating the union of two wonderful people.

After the wedding (where I ate way too much delicious food), we headed down the canyon to visit my cousin Lara and her family. We arrived just in time for pedicures, which was divine after being on my feet for so much of the day earlier. It was nice to catch up a bit with Lara, Aunt Wendy and Grandma Beth.

Then we went to the Bombay House to meet Grandma Betty-Jo, cousin Kjirsten (and housemates) and Aunt Anne. I ate out of sheer gluttony and could see my belly grow larger throughout the day.

Sunday was spent watching conference, having lunch at Hope campground with family, and driving home.

Darryl and the kids had a great time at the lake. They stayed on Danny's awesome boat and had a blast playing on the beach.

I talked to the kids after their drive down. Eliana told me, "We watched 'My Little Pony', but Daddy said it was dumb and turned it off!" Darryl defended his move by saying the movie was scaring Will. Will backed him up, "The witches too scary. I not like it. Bye bye!"

4 comments:

lara said...

It was so fun to see you, Shauna!

Elaine said...

It was amazing to see you, Shauna. Thank you so much for being with us on our wedding day. Sounds like it was a great weekend for everyone.

Jennifer Darger said...

That all sounds fun, but we missed you at the ranch!! P.S. I don't let my girls watch My Little Pony either, it is scary! P.S.S... did I miss the announcement of your baby's gender?

grandmabeth said...

Shauna -Since I don't get to see you often enough I loved your blog - just keep it going. I have some projects going. One of them is with Rachel and I'm going over to tend while she arranges some pictures and momentos I had saved of her Dad. Then I am thinking of Christmas and wish I would settle down to complete some projects I have started. We're coming to St/ George for Thanksgiving but don't know what your plans are for the Holiday. Love, Grandma