Eliana has been having fun experimenting with writing lately. She's had her name down for a year plus, but has just recently started sounding out other words. Here are some examples:
"Eliana"

"plant" written next to a plant

"ant" --complete with picture. I love how she drew the head, thorax and abdomen, and drew the legs coming off the thorax. Maybe "A Bug's Life" has some value after all.

"Car" --spelled with an O, which makes sense if you know that most reading stuff teaching kids that O says "ah". This was drawn by the car. I would have included a picture, but it had my license plate in the shot.

"Shauna" --she asked me how to spell my name. I like that the S starts out like a 5. I always mixed those up myself as a child. Also, when starting to write cursive, I often wrote my Ss (capital) like treble clefs, but I was (am?) a music nerd.
1 comment:
That looks great! I really need to work with Jack over the next year. He loves to write his name but that's all so far. I know I worked with Maxine way more by this age.
Post a Comment