Friday, December 11, 2009

What we've been up to

Here is a sampling of what we've been doing lately. We got haircuts.
Will got his first haircut, and looks so much more grown up. It's a cute cut, but the whole thing was sort of an accident. I got my hair cut first, then it was supposed to be Eliana's turn. She was chickening out, so she said to Will, "Do you want to get your haircut? You get a sucker!" Will said, "Yeah! suck-uh!" and jumped on my lap. Isn't he cute?

I made a simple advent wreath this year. I thought it would be fun to go back to my Western European roots. So far, the kids have loved it. We light one candle every Sunday. This Sunday I plan on making an advent cake, unless we get too sugared out beforehand.

Last night was the 2nd annual cookie exchange party at my friend Angie's house. She's an amazing hostess. I ate myself sick, then left with 10 dozen cookies!! Yikes! Most are being transformed into neighbor gifts. Here's what I brought.



The other day Lauren, Jex and Asher came over to decorate gingerbread houses with us. It was a lot of fun. I wish I would have taken a picture of their house.


Also, we went to the Jubilee of Trees, to see the lights at the temple (along with the new art exhibit), and to a couple of parties. Tomorrow is the Zitting Christmas party--I can't wait!
Merry Christmas!



2 comments:

Jamie said...

I LoVe pretzels! I prefer them way more than chips! So your pretzels rods are divine. I don't think I'll be giving any away! (There almost half gone anyway.) ;)

BJPD said...

I am so glad you blog so I can have a look at your kids and learn about what you have been doing. Hooray for Blogs!!!!