Eliana wanted a princess party this year. She came to this decision directly after her third birthday party, and thankfully did not vary in her wish. We invited a few friends over for a tea party and "ball."
It's tough to have a birthday so close to Christmas. The sheer quantity of gifts in such a short amount of time reduces the joy of each gift a bit. If anyone has a brilliant idea of how to get around this problem, please let me know.
The princess ate tea sandwiches, poured their own "tea" (apple cider), played pin the crown on the castle, and danced, danced, danced!


Eliana received this Peter Rabbit tea set from her great-grandmother the day before her party.

Shelly kindly brought over a more sturdy set for the younger guests.


The game:

Eliana decided to have a go without the mask after everyone else had had a turn. Just like a
real princess. If the rules aren't working for you, change them.

the Ball:


Here's the birthday girl in a sea of presents:

I'm so glad Eliana is a part of our family. Everyday is an adventure with her around. She makes me laugh, and keeps me on my toes. She is so sweet and kind most of the time (no really, she is!), and loves to help out around the house. I love her very much!
1 comment:
I know, with Millie's birthday on the 23rd I have the same problem. The Morrisons have 6 grandkids with birthdays from the 22nd through the 31st, can you believe it? I like to celebrate Millie's the first week with her party because it's easier for everyone. Then on her actual birthday we have a low key celebration with just us. It works well.
Post a Comment