Monday, October 19, 2009

Snow Canyon

We went on a hike in Snow Canyon State Park on Saturday. We decided to hike around on the petrified dune. The kids both had a great time. Will was especially excited. He's still quite reckless, though, so he had to have a lot of supervision. Eliana hiked the whole thing herself with little to no whining. She did lie down under the shadow of a tumble weed towards the end, but then got back up and finished the hike with gusto. I know the post is picture heavy, but the place was so beautiful I had to try to capture it with my camera (though thanks to Shelly I made sure to put the camera away for a while and just enjoy the moment). Hikes like this one make me long to take a geology course.












3 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like you had fun! I liked your pictures of all of us at the sand dunes, except the one of the hill kicking my rear end. I had quite the look of anguish as I neared the summit.

Anonymous said...

so pretty, I love the one with Will & Eleana holding hands, & the picture of Daddy & the kids :)

Jennifer Darger said...

I love that black & white picture! Definitely needs to be framed somewhere in your house. Snow Canyon is specisl to me because Abe and I went there the weekend we were married (he was too cheap to pay for Zions!) But it was beautiful, glad you had fun!