Monday, October 19, 2009

Little Miracles

We have been searching for the DVD of Mary Poppins for months now. A few weeks ago Dumbo also turned up missing. Today I decided to make a thorough search of the house to find the missing movies. I cleaned out two cupboards and moved two couches in vain. Then Eliana said, "You know what's the best way to find Mary Poppins? Say a prayer." I told her she was absolutely right. She said a prayer to find both movies. I had a thought to move the t.v. stand, so I lifted the television off and there, underneath the tv, was the Mary Poppins DVD!! I told Eliana we should say a prayer to thank God for answering her prayer so quickly. She said, "You say it. Don't forget to pray to find Dumbo." So I did. I still felt I should move the stand, so I pulled out the DVD player, and on top of the player was Dumbo! We said another prayer of gratitude, then enjoyed our movies together.

4 comments:

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

how cute!! what a fun memory to share with eliana.

Rachael said...

I love it! That is totally "friends" and "Ensign" worthy! I love that God cares about the little things and the little people and the little prayers as well. It develops faith that He will hear the big prayers when you really need Him!

Mary said...

Awesome. Prayer works.

Jamie said...

Sweet! Small miracles happen every day.