Monday, June 1, 2009

The Ghost of Pine Valley

We went to Pine Valley again this weekend. It was a nice relief from the heat. (I know, we're just getting started with the heat down here. I need to acclimate still)

While there I did some assignments for my photography class. The first was to take pictures illustrating the difference between shape and form.








I just missed getting a picture of the bird that lives in this nest. I was taking the front view when I saw it fly away.



The second was to use long exposures to create a "ghost" image. I learned a lot with this assignment. I think the picture would have looked cooler with a more simple background, but by the time I got the pictures to work, it was nearly midnight. Oh well. maybe I'll try again sometime. How do you like our "ghost"?


7 comments:

Elaine said...

those are really cool! seems like you are enjoying your photo class :) i love seeing the photos you post here, and it's great when you use the family for the assignments.

Jamie said...

That's cool! After reading, I turned Maxine and Jack into ghosts and they thought it was cool! The surroundings and the hat really make it seem like a Wild West ghost. Good job!

Mary said...

Nice work! I'd love to take a photography class! What kind of camera do you have?

Jennifer Darger said...

Wow, I think your "ghost" is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love them all, those is a really cool ghost pictures

Kristi said...

How fun to that you are taking a photography class! Your pictures look great - makes me want to find something to do as a hobby.

It was great seeing you while you were here. Sorry we didn't get to hang out more. Hopefully one day Linc & Eliana will decide they love each other and beg to hang out just a little bit longer...

BJPD said...

When I get lonesome for you, I look at your blog. Thank you for posting such great pictures so I can experience the children in various settings. I really enjoy your comments as well. Next time I talk to you, I would love to have you explain the process for pumpernickel
bread. It looked so good and so beautiful.
Love you all. Grandma Betty