Friday, February 27, 2009

Las Vegas

My friend Karen is visiting us for a couple of weeks again. My mom, the kids and I drove down to Las Vegas to pick her up. We stopped by Caesars Palace to have some lunch at the Cheesecake Factory before heading home. Eliana LOVED the giant aquarium there. She could have watched the fish happily for hours. We had a funny conversation while trying to convince her to leave (Megan will appreciate this):

Me: come on Honey, it's time to go.
E: I want to watch the fish some more.
Me: don't you want to go to the toy store? (there is a giant Trojan horse in front of F.A.O Schwartz I thought she would like)
E: No. I want to stay here and watch the fish!

I would have let her stay longer, but Karen had been in transit for 19 hours already, and Will was more than ready for a nap. I need to remember to find a time to go to a pet store or a real aquarium with just her so we can stare at fish together for as long as she wants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eleana is looking all grown up! Cohen loves going to the fish store to stare at fish.