Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kid Update

Darryl had been playing with Will early in the morning while I got a few extra minutes of sleep. He came in and said, "Will just ate a live cricket." Hoping that I was still sleeping I asked, "Wait...William ate a cricket?!" I wasn't dreaming. He really ate a bug. Darryl found cricket bits in the high-chair. I guess he wasn't fast enough delivering breakfast!

Eliana is such an optimist. The other day we were hiking a small butte by our house, and at one point asked Eliana if she was cold. "No," she replied, "I'm just half warm!"

Something I never thought I would hear in a three-year-old tantrum: "I WANT SPINACH!!" We were out, and lettuce didn't seem like a good substitute for her "wrapatilla" (her great name for her favorite lunch--a tortilla with hummus, spinach/lettuce, matchstick carrots, feta cheese, and Asian sesame dressing. mmmmm).

4 comments:

Jennifer Darger said...

Shauna, did Barbie ever tell you about the time one of her kids ate a spider? It was Megan, I think, and Barb found half of it in her mouth. But I won't tell you how Halle trumped even that, it might make you sick. And you're lucky Eliana will eat such a meal - Millie wouldn't touch any of it!

Jamie said...

Ewe, ewe ewe! Luckily I've never noticed that my kids have eaten any bugs. They've probably digested thousands!

Anonymous said...

Ewe... but I've never tasted one before so I'd have to go with what William thought... lol

Miss you guys thanks for the Music info!

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

Darling, those kids of yours have amazing taste! That wrap sounds delish... though I'd pass on the cricket. :)