
My grandmother LOVES valentines day (and most other holidays as well). She usually decorates a tree for the occasion. We hadn't taken our Christmas tree out yet, so I decided to follow her lead and make a valentine's tree. It was a lot of fun. Eliana helped me cut the yarn, punch holes in the paper hearts, and thread the yarn through. William helped take the hearts off the lower branches, giving Eliana lots of opportunities to decorate the tree.
5 comments:
That's a cute idea. I keep telling myself I'm going to make the holidays more special for my kids, but I'm too lazy to follow through.Nice parenting!
I'm so sorry to hear about Spencer. That was a sweet post--I'm so glad you got that day with him and that you have great memories to share.
Oh, Shauna, I love your Valentine tree. I actually got the idea from my mother, Grandma Page, and she made me wonderful handcrated hearts from all kinds of red and pink cloth.
I am glad Eliana and William liked their special tree.
bl
iyfea
I like that idea of decorating a tree for all the holidays, but I don't really want to go fake...so..
Also, Spencer sounds like he was wonderful, and I want to extend my sympathies again. I forgot to ask if you managed to get a bag pipe. I saw Bruce Decker in the pictures. I always liked Bruce. I guess he's in your parents' ward.
I love borscht! I made it once, but I didn't like it as much as I've liked other people's (there's a Russian restaurant in Vegas that has AWESOME borscht.) If you haven't already (I'm gonna check), you should post the recipe on your health blog.
I'm impressed with William's 9 month vocabulary!
That hands in the potty threat Eliana came up with is genius!
Post a Comment