Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Carseat conversations, II

Today, as we were driving in the car, I was listening to the news on NPR. After a few minutes Eliana asked, "Mom, why do they keep saying 'bum bum' even though they know they're not supposed to?" I realized what was confusing her and replied, "no honey, they're not saying 'bum bum' they're saying 'Obama'." We then had a little talk about presidents (elected and lame-ducks). I'm not sure she understood, but I think I did manage to convince her that our next president does not have "bum bum" for a last name.

5 comments:

~Amanda~ said...

Hilarious!!!
I don't know, maybe I will call him President BumBum!

Megan said...

hehe...at least you know that some people might be happier if she referred to him has President Bum Bum. You definitely live in the state that would be more likely to smile and nod, then to look offended at that!

Jamie said...

Hee. President Bum Bum. I like it!!

Jennifer Darger said...

That's funny. Last night we were listening to Josh Grobansing The Little Drummer Boy while driving and Halle asked why why he said "bum-bum." ...pah-rumb-pah-bum-bum...I don't think she undestood when I tried to explain the sound a drum makes, isn't it funny what they pick up!

Suzie Sew and So said...

That's awesome. Some of us Republicans actually prefer that name for him President Elect Bum Bum. I will have to remember that.