Sunday, November 16, 2008

Procrastination

I don't know why I haven't felt like writing lately. Maybe it's writers block. Maybe it's that I don't have any great pictures to post. I don't know. But, there are a few things I would like to document. Starting with the most recent: William cut his fourth tooth (completing his set of "fangs") last Wednesday. He pulled himself up to standing on Thursday, and has done it several more times since. Why does he want to grow up so fast?

We went hiking last Saturday on the red hill. Eliana and I hiked up a little canyon we call "fat man's misery" (I'm pretty sure that's not the real name, but maybe it is). She hiked the whole thing like a pro. We wandered around in the desert for awhile, enjoying the cactus and red dirt and sage. We even saw a tarantula! We had our camera, but my fear of spiders combined with my motherly instinct making it impossible to think of anything but getting my children far away from the spider.

Here is a picture of Darryl and Will. It's too bad D's eyes are closed. This is the only picture I took of the baby backpack set-up.

Here is Eliana contemplating the meaning of life in a little cave where we ate our snack.

The Saturday before last we went to the dunes (just a few minutes from our house) so Darryl could ride his trials bike with the Hallowheelin' group. We had a great time. Eliana hiked all over the rocks and even got to ride in a jeep with her daddy. William loved being outside and managed to not eat very much dirt.

I'm excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love this time of year. Hopefully I'll post again soon, but don't hold your breath. :)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I think it's more important to be living life instead of blogging about it anyway. Thanks again for the pretzels that day! Those guys are amazing on trials bikes!