Friday, November 16, 2007
Grapes in November
Well, global warming has proved to be helpful to my harvest this year. After scrambling to use the apples from our tree I was way too tired to attempt anything with the grapes. I thought for sure they would have withered by now, but not so.


Here is a bit of juice, before it settled.
Juicing was quite an adventure. I borrowed a juicer from my mom (unfortunately, I didn't borrow the one she normally uses for grapes). The juicer began to spit grape seeds like popcorn all over the kitchen. It made a gigantic mess, so this jar is as far as I've gotten with using the grapes. I'm contemplating just boiling them, since I mainly want to make jelly. Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
mmmm grapes...
Grapes are good. I would recommend talking with Shelby's mom. She makes grape juice and jelly every year. I'll talk to Shelby to get the ball rolling.
thanks johnny, i need all the help i can get.
Post a Comment